Saturday, May 4, 2013

A Song for Mother's Day


Since it has been five years since my last post, I am compelled to submit my reason for resuming this blog.  I have assigned a blog post to my English Composition 103 class.  If they must post, I really ought to post too.

I had forgotten that I had posted about a song I had written; however, reading the old post inspired me to post this Mother's Day song since the holiday is nearing. I am happy to relate that my own mom will be at church with me again this year.  She is 83 and getting a bit unsteady, but she would rather go to church than anywhere else.  She is the finest church pianist I have ever known and still plays very well.

Mom on New Year's Day 2013

Mother's Day

Verse 1:

Mother's name is very dear; It falls sweetly on the ear.
It reminds us of the love of Christ she shows.

For her many acts of grace and the sweet look on her face 
Are the image of the Savior she well knows.

Chorus:

Mother shows us of our Savior's love and care.
She prepares us for our heavenly home so fair.
Oh, we owe her love and pride, gifts of beauty to abide,
For her sacrifices, work, and faithful prayers.

Verse 2:

Mother works from sun to sun, prays and cares for everyone.
She's the family angel shining bright and clear.
How the touch of her dear hand makes our hearts hers to command.  
Her kind heart and gentle spirit keep us near.

Verse 3:

Once a year we name a day so that we can find a way 
To express our gratitude to Mothers dear.
So let's rise and give a hand to the best ones in the land. 
Thank you, Mother, you deserve this rousing cheer!
   (Thanks, Mom!)



No comments: