Wednesday, January 30, 2008

My Newest Song
It has been a thrill to be a part of the New City Quartet and Band. It is a joy to serve with other creative, musical people who love the Lord Jesus and want to use their talents for Him. The association has brought out an urge to express myself as a songwriter. This is only the fifth song I have ever written, but it blesses me if it never reaches anyone else.
He Loves Me
Verse 1
I listen to my body and its crying appetites.
I feed the hunger of my mind with reason's glowing light.
I fan the fires emotion sets so deep within my heart
And hide from Love that's seeking me with all of Heaven's art.
Verse 2
Yes, I've been running swift away not heeding his clear call,
But Jesus reaches down to me when I'm about to fall.
He touches me; I feel His peace well up within my soul.
I want to yield myself to Him while all the ages roll.
Chorus
He loves me; He loves me; He loves me this I know.
He seeks me and finds me wherever I may go.
Though I may wander far from Him and seem to lose my way,
He always brings me back again. He is the Living Way!
Verse 3
I'm thankful for His mighty strength that rescues me from sin
And for His precious mercy to forgive me once again.
I praise Him for His matchless love on which I can rely
And for eternal life we'll share in Heaven by and by.
Chorus
Key change
Chorus

No comments: